PALISADES PARK, NJ — Palisades Park officials have converted several streets to one way to make them safer for pedestrians.
“We are hoping drivers will quickly adapt to these adjustments,” Mayor James Rotundo said.
Changes have been made to:
• Hillside Avenue southbound from West Edsall Boulevard to Brinkerhoff Avenue;
• Highland Avenue northbound from West Central Avenue to East Edsall Boulevard;
• East and West Washington Place and southbound on Lincoln Street for the entire lengths of the roads;
• First Street north of East Palisades Boulevard heading northbound;
• East Homestead Avenue eastbound from Roff Rd. to Glen Rd;
• Morningside Lane southbound from Hillcrest Avenue to the terminus;
• Roff Avenue southbound from East Columbia Avenue to the borough border.
More roads could be added, Rotundo said.
"I came across one the other day -- I wanted to turn," resident Ann Meyers said. "It must have been muscle memory. You can't go down that way."
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.