ONLY ON CVP: Two children playing with candles accidentally ignited a fire that destroyed the upper half of a 2½-story house in Palisades Park last night.
Both the youngsters and their parents got out OK, Police Chief Benjamin Ramos told CLIFFVIEW PILOT .
Leonia’s FAST team and Ridgefield firefighters joined their colleagues at the Hillside Avenue blaze, between West Edsall Boulevard and Ackerman Place, which broke out just after 11:40 p.m.
The lower half of the house sustained severe water damage, Ramos said.
VIDEO ( CLIFFVIEW PILOT Contributor Kevin Teel):
STORY / PHOTOS: CLIFFVIEW PILOT Contributor Damien Danis
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.