HACKENSACK, N.J. -- It's spring, which means re-thinking -- or adding to -- your closet. And The Shops at Riverside , known for its luxury brands, is, as usual, on top of the trends.
Lisa Polino, a Mahwah resident and director of marketing and business development for the mall, clued us in on what's hot this season.
- Fringe, on hemlines to accessories, adds a hint of bohemian feel and romantic sway, is big, especially for designers such as Ellie Tahari, Rachel Zoe and DKNY found at Bloomingdale’s.
- Elegant fine lines rule in ready-to-wear . "These are not your average stripes," said Polino. "At Kate Spade, we are seeing a lot of flowing fabrics and sophisticated lines."
- Some of the key colors Polino is seeing : navy, olive, and rust orange with some lilac and bold hues.
- Among the new trends: mixing and matching different textures. At many stores you'll see displays pairing flowing skirts and culottes with very structured leather jackets or light suedes.
- The off the shoulder look can be found on flowing tops and crisp cottons. Tory Burch, features a new version of this trend in her iconic tunic.
- Louis Vuitton is also playing with color in its soft leather pieces with eye-catching hardware and contrast quilting.
- Leather goods in color blocking spring shades are visible at Salvatore Ferragamo. "When you walk through the store, it’s a palette of color," said Polino.
- The floral trend continues, on dresses, shoes, and handbags. LK Bennett has beautifully tailored feminine shades. "We're seeing a lot of blush shades with floral, as well as with bursts of color," she said.
- New shoe styles are daring, fun and flirty with a lot of rainbow colors, pointed toes and a block heel. "We're also seeing a very fashion-forward sneaker," said Polino. "Not a fitness sneaker, but a chic street style, like a lifestyle shoe." Many sneakers are being shown with metallics.
- Oxfords and gladiator sandals continue to be visible in Stuart Weitzman and Bloomingdale’s.
- Lightweight fabrics and bold hues such as bright orange and bright blues are also making headway with men's styles, said Polino. As seen in Hugo Boss and Zilli "We're also seeing some of the same trends extend to men with very structured leather jackets, eye catching hardware and accessories such as crocodile belts, and soft moccasin shoes." as are accessories such as the Apple watch from Hermes with leather straps.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.