FORT LEE, N.J. -- The long-distance cycling race Gran Fondo New York is coming up, on Sunday, May 15, and volunteers are needed in Fort Lee.
As 5,000 cyclists from over 70 countries take on a challenging 100-mile course, from GWB to Bear Mountain and finishing on Fort Lee's Hudson Terrace. GFNY invites you to join them as a volunteer to show the world once again, the BEST of the Fort Lee Region.
"Volunteers play a key role in creating an unforgettable experience for athletes, spectators, journalists and special guests from all over the world," organizers note. The new race finish line is in the heart of Fort Lee, and over 60 volunteers are needed, both for the GFNY Finish Village PIP Park and the GFNY Finish Line, on Hudson Terrace.
A volunteer information session will be held on Saturday, May 14, at 2 p.m. at PIP Park. It's not mandatory but it's highly encouraged.
The volunteer shifts are from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 1-6 p.m. Here are the volunteer duties folks are needed for, in the Fort Lee area on Sunday:
- gear bag set-up -- Finish Line, PIP Park
- medal distribution -- Finish Village
- cyclists welcome -- Finish Village
- information booth -- Finish Village
- directions to Fort Lee High School showers -- Finish Village
- logistics point -- Fort Lee High School parking lot
- directional/shuttle bus volunteer duties -- various locations
- directing cyclists to Finish Village -- Hudson Terrace
- directing cyclists to George Washington Bridge bike path -- Hudson Terrace
- assisting at spectator shuttle bus stops -- Fort Lee parking lots
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.